- Anyone can apply to be a contestant (individuals only – no band/ensemble entries), unless you were selected as an Improv Idol contestant the previous year. People of all ages, backgrounds, level of musical experience are encouraged to enter.
- Contestants will be selected by the Improv Idol team. Their decisions will be final. Eight contestants will be chosen.
- We reserve the right to invite people to be contestants without application.
- Each contestant will be placed in an ensemble decided by the Improv Idol team. This decision is final.
- Each ensemble will perform a 15 minute improvisation for the preliminary round. Entry to the final round will be decided by audience votes.
- The judges may make a ‘judges pick’ and select a contestant from the preliminary rounds to progress to the final.
- The winner of final round is decided on audience votes alone.
- The Improv Idol team reserves the right to overrule these rules at any time.
- There is no monetary prize or performer payment. The winner of Improv Idol 2016 will receive a token prize.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com